I was at my favourite pub yesterday. The band was playing inside to an audience of three while everyone else was outside in the sunshine drinking and chatting.
A young woman (waitress in my favourite restaurant) called me over. I went over to her table, greeted her and introduced myself to her friends.
Sitting at the same table was a man in his late thirties who was declaring his undying love to a pretty young women sitting next to him and she was having none of it. He had been doing this for a few days and the young women was starting to show signs of impatience. So were her friends.
When he moved away from the table to grab a drink I explained the error of his ways. When he got back he started another onslaught of I-love-you-so-you-must-love-me at the young women. He didn’t seem to understand that if a women doesn’t like you, you can’t change her mind and you should move on.
I wonder how long before he gets a restraining order or a visit from her new boyfriend !
Its the job of the men to approach women, its also the job of the men to know when to disengage from a disinterested woman and move on.
Some men much smarter than me have written about this :-
The reason beta males pedestalize women
The 16 commandments of Poon
Pook – Kill that desperation!
Mr Fingers – THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
And for those who don’t know what a “beta male / man” is :-
- Alpha man understands women and gets the gorgeous ones.
- Beta man doesn’t understand women and just gets the dregs.
I gave up on regular savings accounts a while back and with interest rates at a pitiful 1% so should you.
Here are some alternatives :-
ZOPA – I have been using them since 2005 and have got an average return of 7%. ZOPA is mainly for person-to-person lending and they have a fabulous party every year in London
Funding Circle – I have just joined so can’t give first hand account but their blurb says you should get a return on 8.9%
Bitcoin – is an experimental new digital currency that enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world. Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority: managing transactions and issuing money are carried out collectively by the network. Your Bitcoins are stored locally on your computer and can be converted to a currency of your choice by the Bitcoin exchanges. Beware: the exchange rate can be a bit volatile !
I will add some more later on.
Setting: 1977, Belize (Central America)
Our unit was stationed in Belize for six months in three camps. One was at the north near Belize city, the middle one was half way down on the border with Guatemala and the last one was way south in the middle of nowhere.
Because the moral of the troops in the southern camp was dropping, the officers decided it would be a good idea to have someone play the daily bugle calls like Reveille, Cookhouse and the Last post.
That someone was my friend Dave, a decent enough chap but a bit of a slob at heart. To blow Reveille at 06:00 Dave would need to get up at about 05:30 to have enough time to puts his uniform on and march the the square. He did this quite successfully for a few days until after a heavy night in the NAAFI (a small shop/club/bar on camp) he woke up at 05:55 !! This gave him no time to get ready so he decided that if he just wrapped a towel around himself and blew Reveille outside his bunk, he could get away with it.
He did this and two things happened. The CO (Commanding Officer) was walking past and his towel fell down exposing everything.
He certainly boosted moral as he was marched, bits a dangling, to jail !
It can be hard to know what to talk about when approaching women and many of us fall back to the boring “what do you do” / “whats your job” type of questions. A lot of women will be constantly bombarded with these questions by guys they will quickly forget, so if you want to have some chance of being remembered try these instead :-
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
- Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
- What would constitute the “perfect” day for you?
- When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
- If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
- Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
- Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
- What is your most treasured memory?
- If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are living now? Why?
- What roles do love and affection play in your life?
- Share an embarrassing moment from your life.
- When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
- What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
better still come up with some of your own (and write them in the comments) !
# 5 – I would definitely keep the 30 year old body – a younger mind in an old, decrepit body just seems like decades of frustration to me !
Thanks go to http://badgerhut.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/great-game-material-deep-rapport-questions-to-create-emotional-connection/
I am in a unique and possibly enviable position in life. I have no debts, no boss and no stress. I can pretty much do what I please and answer to no one … with the possible exception of the tax man !
I’m not sure where I’m going with this blog but the categories will be a mix of humour, life stories, technology, finance, world affairs and anything else that occurs to me.