I was at my favourite pub yesterday. The band was playing inside to an audience of three while everyone else was outside in the sunshine drinking and chatting.
A young woman (waitress in my favourite restaurant) called me over. I went over to her table, greeted her and introduced myself to her friends.
Sitting at the same table was a man in his late thirties who was declaring his undying love to a pretty young women sitting next to him and she was having none of it. He had been doing this for a few days and the young women was starting to show signs of impatience. So were her friends.
When he moved away from the table to grab a drink I explained the error of his ways. When he got back he started another onslaught of I-love-you-so-you-must-love-me at the young women. He didn’t seem to understand that if a women doesn’t like you, you can’t change her mind and you should move on.
I wonder how long before he gets a restraining order or a visit from her new boyfriend !
Its the job of the men to approach women, its also the job of the men to know when to disengage from a disinterested woman and move on.
Some men much smarter than me have written about this :-
The reason beta males pedestalize women
The 16 commandments of Poon
Pook – Kill that desperation!
Mr Fingers – THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
And for those who don’t know what a “beta male / man” is :-
- Alpha man understands women and gets the gorgeous ones.
- Beta man doesn’t understand women and just gets the dregs.
It can be hard to know what to talk about when approaching women and many of us fall back to the boring “what do you do” / “whats your job” type of questions. A lot of women will be constantly bombarded with these questions by guys they will quickly forget, so if you want to have some chance of being remembered try these instead :-
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
- Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
- What would constitute the “perfect” day for you?
- When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
- If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
- Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
- Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
- What is your most treasured memory?
- If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are living now? Why?
- What roles do love and affection play in your life?
- Share an embarrassing moment from your life.
- When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
- What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
better still come up with some of your own (and write them in the comments) !
# 5 – I would definitely keep the 30 year old body – a younger mind in an old, decrepit body just seems like decades of frustration to me !
Thanks go to http://badgerhut.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/great-game-material-deep-rapport-questions-to-create-emotional-connection/